Wholewheat Goat Cheese, Fig and Honey Sandwich is a healthy and delicious breakfast that reminds us nostalgically of our childhood bread, butter and marmelade breakfast, but uses fresh produce and no processed sugars. The cherry on top is a secret ingredient – a pinch of salt or fleur de sal that boosts the flavors of the fruit.
A day that starts with a good breakfast can’t be bad!
RECIPE FOR 2, MAKES 4 SANDWICHES
- 4 slices wholewheat bread
- 8 slices young goat cheese
- 4 ripe figs
- a handful of ripe blackberries
- 1 tbs honey
- a handful of roasted hazelnuts
- a pinch of salt or fleur de salt
- Wash and dry figs and blackberries. Cut figs into thin round slices and cut blackberries horizontally. Roughly chop roasted hazelnuts.
- Slice young goat cheese thinly and place on bread slices. Top with sliced figs and add blackberries. Place them with the cut half facing downward so that they stick to the sandwiches.
- Drizzle sandwiches with honey and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Finish with a light pinch of salt or fleur de sal and serve.
Toast your bread slightly before you use it, to get more crunch and flavor out of it. This way, you can use up even stale bread. Just make sure to spread it with a thin layer of butter before toasting!
The recipe is created by Kristina and Mitja – VibrantPlate